DO WE HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF VHUMC TO ENROLL IN THE VESTAVIA DANCE STUDIO?
No. Membership at VHUMC nor any church affiliation is necessary to join our Vestavia Dance Studio programming. We welcome all young dance enthusiasts through our doors!
HOW DOES MY DANCER AUDITION OR BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR THE VESTAVIA DANCE PERFORMANCE COMPANY, VDPC
At the end of each semester and throughout our summer programming we evaluate dancers based on age, skill level and commitment. Dancers will have the opportunity to be evaluated and placed by our esteemed faculty. We welcome all levels and as long as dancers are able to satisfy the time commitment required, we have a home for them in VDPC.
WHEN IS THE VESTAVIA DANCE RECITAL?
Included in your tuition, Vestavia Dance hosts a lovely end-of-the-year Recital in Spring. Our well-organized recital is a fun one-day performance opportunity for our dancers to showcase their progress, and for families to enjoy an outstanding and professional presentation on stage.
IS VESTAVIA DANCE A PLACE FOR BOYS WHO WANT TO DANCE?
Yes! We offer an inclusive environment for ALL dancers to feel nurtured in the performing arts. Everyone is welcome at Vestavia Dance!
HOW CAN I STAY UP TO DATE ON VESTAVIA DANCE?
We offer an informative monthly newsletter for all enrolled families and have an active presence on social media. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
WHAT DOES MY STUDENT WEAR TO DANCE CLASS?
Students should wear their hair up and secured tightly for class. No jewelry, watches or phones please. Dancing in form-fitting attire is preferred. Large shirts and long pants are discouraged.
· BALLET – Leotard – Pink for pre ballet students and Black for everyone else, pink tights and pink ballet shoes (not slippers).
· JAZZ – Leotard and tights any color and tan jazz shoes (any tan jazz shoe with a rubber heel will give us greater safety).
· TAP – Leotard and tights any color with black tap shoes with staccato taps.
· CLOGGING- Leotard and tights any color with white clogging shoes.
· COMBO STUDENTS – Ballet and Jazz combo students need pink ballet shoes and tan jazz shoes. Ballet and Tap combo students need pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Ballet and Lyrical combo students need pink ballet shoes and tan lyrical shoes. All shoes should be labeled with your name or initials written inside the shoes.
· LYRICAL – Leotard and tights any color with tan lyrical shoes.
· HIP HOP – Street clothes and tennis shoes. Your teacher may ask for a certain tennis shoe for the recital.